Thursday 7 March 2013

UNEXPECTED STYLE ICON

Gwyneth Paltrow as Margot Tenenbaum
Watching The Royal Tenenbaums had been on my wishlist for ages so when I had the whole evening all to myself last sunday, I decided to forget about my to do list and just retreat to the couch and finally watch it.
I'm a sucker for melodramatic stories disguised as strange fairytales, so this movie was right up my ally. Lots of weird things happen that seem silly at first (like everyone wearing the same exact outfit in almost every scene, even though some go from being children to adults) but after a while they somehow make perfect sense. I won't say much more because I'm known as a huge plot-spoiler (when I get excited about a book or movie I just can't keep my mouth shut) but I will tell you that if you haven't seen it yet, you need to make it happen. Even if it's just to see Gwyneth Paltrow play Margot Tenenbaum. I loved Margot. The look on her face. The sadness in her eyes. The little pink clip in her hair. The simple minidresses with the huge coat. Just everything! Style icon may be a big word, but I'm defenitely inspired by her appearance. It even got me thinking about chopping of my beloved hair, a thought that usually sends shivers down my spine. But her hair is just so perfect..

1 comment:

Feel like joining the conversation?

Next previous home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...